Sunday, February 13, 2022

Vegas Baby!

Vegas Baby! 

I love going to Vegas, or at least I used to. It used to be our happy spot. We would go at least once a year. The last time I went to Vegas was just over 12 years ago; I went with my hubby and my Dad. We had a blast and I even got Dad to play the slot machines by the end of the trip. 

We spent four or five days over Christmas time – just to do something different for a change. Like I said, it took most of those five days to get Dad to put in a quarter into the slot machine and gamble, which was just fine. He was so content, walking around and standing behind me or my hubby watching us play. He was enthralled. 

And did you know that in Las Vegas, in addition to the gambling and the drinking, they have shows and gambling and drinking and food and gambling and drinking and shopping. Oh, and did I mention that there's some gambling and drinking in Las Vegas? 

They also have magnet stores; several of the malls have an actual store completely dedicated to magnets. And we made it our mission to make sure that we were able to get to the magnet store at least once every trip. It didn't matter if we would buy anything or not, although most times we bought at least one magnet, but it was enjoyable to look at everything that was available. Some were just beautiful. Some were just completely hideous. Oh, my goodness. Why would anyone buy some of these things? 

We picked up magnets to reflect the different hotels we stayed at through the years and to represent the different music shows that we saw, including Blue Man Group and Phantom of the Opera. It didn't matter. It was something that represented our memories and why we enjoyed going back repeatedly.

I don't remember what happened and why we stopped going to Las Vegas on a regular basis and instead transitioned to Gatlinburg, Tennessee. I think as we've gotten older, Gatlinburg is a little bit more our pace.

But remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas… unless of course it’s the magnets that come home to rest on my refrigerator and bring back memories.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

Final Blog This is my final blog. After I give a 2-3 minute speech on my experience, I will complete the Presentation Mastery path, Level ...